August 12, 2004
Why should you blog about your small business? Among dozens, if not hundreds of reasons, here are six:
1. They fan the flames of customer evangelism. They help humanize you and your organization.
2. They can function as an instant-feedback machine about your company and its products and services (because of the comments and trackback functions).
3. They compel you to Napsterize more of your knowledge, which attracts prospects thanks to the search engines which index your ongoing knowledge automatically. Attraction is easier than hunting.
4. The facilitate the spread of buzz if you're honest, authentic and write your blog yourself.
5. They allow you to have more conversations with customers and prospects than you could ever do in person.
6. They help position you as a knowledgeable expert in your industry.
(From Dana's Blog.)