March 2, 2005
Had the opportunity to do a podcast with Rok Hrastnik from MarketingStudies on the subject of RSS advertising. The topics we discussed included:
* Different ad placements within RSS feeds.
* Best RSS advertising strategies and best RSS advertising practices.
* How to make RSS advertising user-friendly, get best results, not lose readers and keep advertisers happy?
* RSS advertisement targeting.
* What's happening with RSS feeds that are already doing advertising in their feeds? Are they losing readership?
* The role of RSS metrics in RSS advertising and how RSS metrics actually work.
* Use RSS for lead-generation.
* How much RSS advertising costs?
* How much can RSS publishers get from RSS advertising and how they can start publishing ads in their RSS feeds?
* Emerging RSS ad standards.
* Can RSS become infested with spam.
The podcast provides a basic understanding of RSS advertising. For more comprehensive information, grab a copy of MarketingStudies's RSS Diary.