December 28, 2009
Start the new year off with a new job at Pheedo.
To fuel our tremendous growth, Pheedo is looking for an experienced account manager for our search feed product. The qualified candidate in this newly created position will be responsible for managing Pheedo's premium PPC ad inventory (accessible via XML feeds). You will report to the Director of Publisher Relations and Client Services, with a dotted-line relationship to executives within the company.
Join one of the fastest growing, profitable, new media companies in Old Town Oakland, CA: Pheedo, Inc combines world-class RSS analytics with one-of-kind monetization tools for the real-time web. Since 2005, we have been helping premium publishers including The New York Times, CNET, MSNBC, ABC, PCWorld and more successfully deliver billions of pieces of online content monthly to over 40 million subscribers.
SUMMARY: ACCOUNT MANAGER - SEARCH FEED PRODUCT
Fully manage the internal and external execution of our search feed product. Responsible for search feed yield optimization and revenue analysis for the Pheedo network. Serve as a primary point of contact for our search feed partners, scheduling of A/B tests on ad units/placements and search feed monetization strategies.
- Own reporting and analysis of search feed traffic, revenue, and product performance using both internal and external data.
- Master understanding of business rules and logic for displaying search feed listings in RSS feeds; Responsible for ongoing analysis of business rules and strategy for optimizing revenue.
- Stay on top of trends in search advertising and in search product development.
- Manage cross-functional projects for enhancements and product releases. Own product modeling (testing, analysis), writing business cases and product requirements documents, and prioritizing project list and product release schedule.
- Manage relationship with 3rd party search feed listings providers, analyzing metrics and recommending methods for relevance and revenue enhancements. Manage process of recruiting new search feed partners. Understand performance implications on scores, recommending tests and modifications to help enhance scores.
- Serve as team contact with Finance for revenue forecasting and yield analysis. Stay on top of traffic and revenue trends for weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting to finance.
- 2 -3 years experience with pay per click advertising & search engine marketing, with emphasis on analytics.
- Web savvy individual with a good understanding of PPC feed syndication, search marketing and a thorough working knowledge of feed management.
- This position requires hands-on experience analyzing website and other data to drive tactical marketing decision making.
- Highly comfortable with Google Adwords, Nami Media, Yahoo Search Marketing, and MSN AdCenter.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Strong familiarity with advanced Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strength in developing, delivering and analyzing top level and detailed metric reports that provides meaningful insight and can be easily digested by the entire organization.
- Experience interacting and communicating with engineering, sales and finance.
- Strong math skills and comfort level with data manipulation and analysis a must.
- Strong problem solving and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines; ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Exceptional writing, communication, and presentation skills a must.
- Team player and ability to coordinate cross-functional efforts and communications on a daily basis.
- Self motivated leader and motivator who delivers results with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics into actionable proposals.
- Talent in strongly aligning an organizations role/purpose with a company's mission and vision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive base and commission based on results.
- Generous benefits package.
- Accessible and open-minded leadership.
- Opportunity to work with smart people and learn a lot about one of the fastest growing industries.
Email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements or LinkedIn profile to jobs AT pheedo.com.